Glanmore National Historic Site is committed to providing enriched learning experiences for the education community in the Quinte region and beyond. Throughout the year a variety of programs are offered for school visits. Programs are activity based, and designed to complement the Ontario Curriculum. Pre-visit information, vocabulary, student assessment resources and follow-up activities accompany each program.
“I can always count on you to provide an excellent program. I look forward to bringing my class to Glanmore each year.” – Pat M.
“Your programs are the highlight of our year!” -Laurie G.
Sign up for our Education Services E-Newsletter to stay informed about education services and school programming at Glanmore.
How to Book Your Class Visit to Glanmore:
- Spaces fill quickly, book early to avoid disappointment.
- Select a program from the current offerings. Have your planning calendar on hand and determine two or three potential dates for your museum visit.
- Call Melissa Wakeling, Education and Marketing Coordinator at 613-962-2329 extension 3653.
- Cash, cheque, debit, Visa or Mastercard payment is due upon your group’s arrival at Glanmore.
- School programs are available Tuesday to Friday, morning or afternoons. Start times are flexible.
- Booking confirmation and links to educator resources will be sent by email several weeks prior to your visit.
- Notification of cancellation must be received at least two weeks prior to the program date or a $25.00 cancellation fee will apply (except in the case of school bus cancellation due to weather).
- The bus loading and parking areas are located beside the museum on the East side of Dufferin Avenue.
Accessibility and School Programming
- An accessible entrance enables visitors with mobility difficulties to access the main floor of the historic building. In periods of extreme cold the vertical lift may be out of service.
- Programs may take place on several floors of the historic building. With prior notice, programs can be adjusted for delivery on the main level only, or adapted for hearing and vision impaired.
- Washrooms are located in the lower level of the building and not fully accessible.