logo

Tag

Exhibits

Belleville Kilties Uniform Now on Display

A 1906 uniform worn by a member of the world famous Belleville Kilties Band is now on display at Glanmore National Historic Site.  The uniform was donated to Glanmore’s Regional Collection by a descendant of one of the band members. Established in 1898, the Kilties were primarily a brass band with 40 members. They played locally in the summer and traveled the vaudeville circuit in the winter.  Between 1904-1910
Read More