April 6th to 12th is National Volunteer Week.
The staff at Glanmore National Historic Site would like to take a moment to say thanks to our wonderful volunteers for all their hard work over the past year.
Volunteers contributed more than 3000 working hours to Glanmore in 2013. They were involved in a wide variety of activities. Here is just a few of the activities where volunteers played an integral role last year:
- Receiving visitors and taking admissions;
- Making gift shop sales;
- Leading guided tours;
- Exhibit development;
- Artifact research and cataloguing;
- Attending meetings and serving on committees;
- Participating in fundraising events and activities;
- Planning for the Victorian Fair and other special events;
- Event staffing;
- Facilitation of school programming;
- Making sandwiches and sweets for the fundraising teas and other events;
- Serving food at events;
- Providing historical interpretation to visitors;
- Donating plants from their gardens for the plant sale;
- Representing Glanmore in the community;
- and much, much more!